The UQ-GVEC Certificate III in Rural Operations Program has been developed to allow undergraduates the option to undertake their academic qualification with an additional vocational qualification to enhance the value to their degree and provide them with practical hands-on employability knowledge and skills sought by their future relevant industries.
The program features both theory and hands-on skills acquisition, providing students with nationally recognised competencies in areas such as Workplace Health and Safety (WHS), safe machine operation and maintenance, animal handling and husbandry and chemical use and application.
Eligible student groups
The Program offers a limited number of fully funded places and is only available to commencing first year UQ students enrolled in the following courses:
- Bachelor of Agricultural Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Sustainable Agriculture
- Bachelor of Equine Science
- Dual degree Bachelor of Agribusiness/Bachelor of Sustainable Agriculture
- Dual degree Bachelor of Agribusiness/Bachelor of Equine Science
Any remaining funded places will be open to all students enrolled in the following courses:
- Bachelor of Veterinary Technology
- Bachelor of Wildlife Science
- Dual degree Bachelor of Agribusiness/Bachelor of Veterinary Technology
- Dual degree Bachelor of Agribusiness/Bachelor of Wildlife Science
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
All students must provide a Unique Student Identifier before their enrolment can be accepted.
See the Student Information page for details.