The Farm Ready Skill set has been developed to assist undergraduates from the Agricultural and Veterinary Science programs at The University of Queensland Gatton campus to participate in a specific set of applied training and skills to ensure their readiness for rural and farm industry placements.
The program provides students with nationally recognised skills including areas of Farm Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) and hands-on skills acquisition with quad bikes and side by side vehicles.
Eligible student groups:
- Bachelor of Agriculture Science
- Bachelor of Sustainable Agriculture
- Bachelor of Equine Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Technology
- Bachelor of Wildlife Science
- Dual degree Bachelor of Agribusiness/Bachelor of Sustainable Agriculture
- Dual degree Bachelor of Agribusiness/Bachelor of Equine Science
The Program is available, tuition free, to commencing and continuing UQ students.
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
All students must provide a Unique Student Identifier before their enrolment can be accepted.
See the Student Information page for details.
Click here for further details of the Farm Ready Program.